This course offers training on the OGC Web Map Service (WMS) standard.
At completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe how web clients and servers interact
- Explain what a URL is
- Explain what a service, protocol and interface is
- Explain what WMS is
- Describe what can be done with WMS
- Understand the main operations of WMS
- Understand how to issue a GetMap request
- Demonstrate how to configure an example WMS server
There are two main sections in the course. The first is the "Web Map Service (WMS) Learning” section which includes learning material. The second is the proctored examination.
After completing the learning material, you will need to book a proctor to monitor you taking the examination. Details of how to book the proctor are provided after completing the learning material.
The proctored examination is not immediate so you will need to schedule it 72 hours in advance. Any sooner than 72 hours, an additional fee will be charged.
Only schedule your proctored examination after completing the "Web Map Service (WMS) Learning" section of the training.